Monday, May 24, 2010

Should we get Satellite?

Okay, so we just moved into our new apartment and it so far has been a pretty nice deal. The only downside to this apartment was there was no cable or satellite. We are not able to access cable so satellite is the only option. I, being the t.v/movie buff that I am, thought it would be a challenge that I could finally conquer. It has been almost a month and I am dying! I miss a lot of my shows including this:



I have become addicted to this show....it is sad, but true. For some reason the drama of it all, (and the "New Yorker" attitudes) attract me enough to stay up late at night just to watch the show. I am hooked! Unfortunately the internet does not show all of their shows and I am a little sad about it.

Which brings me back to satellite. There are so many shows that I am missing out on and it is making me sad...... but is it worth it? I just don't know. I am alone in an apartment for most of the day and I need something to do whenever I don't have a car. Yes I go on walks and I get out, but that doesn't take up the whole day! I need my "Oprah" and "Ellen" during my naps, and I need my "Office" and "Glee" at night!!!!! Is this just hopeless or should I sacrifice something to get Satellite.

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Looky what I found just for you:
http://www.hulu.com/search?query=The+Real+Housewives+of+New+York+City&st=0

You can watch to your hearts content.

And PS, Kelly is psycho.

Mama Baer | 1.2.3.4.5 said...

hulu.com is great! It's how we keep up with our shows... including The Office!
If you still think that hulu is not enough, I would say - Go for it. If you're home most of the day and alone, it's nice to have some background noise. I know I appreciate it!

Lanette - Never Give Up! said...

I must admit I love this show too... It's sick really but those women are nuts!!

I agree - go with Hulu - sometimes you get shows a week late but still it's good and you'll save tons of money. Someone told me you can even hook your computer up to the TV and watch it there. The only down side is that you have to watch little commercials which I usually buzz through with the DVR.

By the way - you son is so cute - I can tell you love being a mom - enjoy it because before you know it he'll be on a mission....Hugs, Aunt Lanette

The Baron Buds said...

Hulu hasn't played the latest episode of the show and i am dying to see it!!! I have seen many clips of the show and it is way intense!!! I will just have to wait I guess

Kristy said...

We got netflix and we love it. What about going back to that?