Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Passover


This was my first official passover with my Jewish Grandparents and it was a lot of fun. Not only did I enjoy the whole event, but I also learned a lot about the passover. I also ate a lot of interesting things too. The bitter herbs were probably the hardest things to eat. Everyone who knows me, knows I am a very picky eater. When the gifelte fish came around, I had to pass. Eric told me it was the hot dog of fish. I love the whole thing and enjoyed being with the fam.






In the end everyone sang a song and it was a lot of fun to watch my husband speak Hebrew and sing with his family. The song was called "Dayenu"and here are the lyrics:



Ilu ho-tsi, ho-tsi-a-nu,
Ho-tsi-a-nu mi-Mitz-ra-yim,
Ho-tsi-a-nu mi-Mitz-ra-yim,
Da-ye-nu!

.. CHORUS:
.. Dai, da-ye-nu,
.. Dai, da-ye-nu,
.. Dai, da-ye-nu,
.. Da-ye-nu, da-ye-nu, da-ye-nu!
..
.. Dai, da-ye-nu,
.. Dai, da-ye-nu,
.. Dai, da-ye-nu,
.. Da-ye-nu, da-ye-nu!

Ilu na-tan, na-tan la-nu,
Na-tan la-nu et-ha-Sha-bat,
Na-tan la-nu et-ha-Sha-bat,
Da-ye-nu!

.. (CHORUS)

Ilu na-tan, na-tan la-nu,
Na-tan la-nu et-ha-To-rah,
Na-tan la-nu et-ha-To-rah,
Da-ye-nu!

.. (CHORUS)

2 comments:

Kendall said...

The fish smells so bad, but I figured... ehh, I'll try it. YUCK! So sick. It's weird because they all love it, and fought over who got to eat my piece. No, thank you!

Bub said...

Good times. I'm loving the quality of the photos! You're a champ for getting that camera.